Wednesday May 16, 7:00-9:00
Next Stage, Putney
Artists and Arts Organizations are constantly trying to get the word out about what they are up to and why it is important, or at least interesting. The Press Release is still one of the prime tools for this. How do we use that tool well and keep it sharp and effective?
The Arts Council of Windham County, in partnership with The Commons and Next Stage Arts Project, is presenting a forum to help artists make the most of the press and other news outlets. Joyce Marcel of The Commons, Lynn Barrett of Southern Vermont Arts and Living, and Tim Johnson of WTSA will share their perspectives in this free artist’s forum.
Questions to be explored will include:
- What in an artist’s life and business is newsworthy?
- Who are you trying to reach?
- What is the message, both intellectual and emotional?
- How does one get the feel of ones art into a PR?
- Use of Photos?
- What does it take to build, maintain, and use a press list?
- How much is too much?
- Where does the energy come from to do this?
- Has Social Media changed the Press Release?
The forum will begin with a potluck desert and tours of Next Stage. The forum is appropriate for all artists and anyone involved in producing press releases.
Contact Doug Cox, 802-257-1024, firstname.lastname@example.org